home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

S.W. WI partner?

Find A Hunting Partner

Re: S.W. WI partner?

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:50 am

We can use Rifles for varmint, just not Deer.

I got divorced and met someone. My Kids are all in the Platteville area yet.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 am

I don't understand the no rifle rule for deer. I get that it may be a more populated area. I just think that people have to use better judgement. And whats with the FOID card ? Dumb people ruin it for everyone! There is no rifle deer hunting in Dane co here either, Good thing I live in Iowa co ! And that's how Illinois should be too, county by county. I know my ar 15 is a big no-no in your state unless you have the proper licensing . Kinda funny because Rock River Arms is based in Colona Il. People are very quick to judge someone who owns one. My father inlaw was that way until I talked him into shooting a bowling pin at 200 yards with it. They are such a great rifle to shoot. Real tack drivers. No muzzle rise or kick. ( i only weigh 160 at 5' 11" so kick sucks for me,I'm pretty boney) The jams and unreliability are a thing of the past as long as it's well cared for. I never go hunting with a large magazine . I use a 5 rounder, even tho there is no limit on your magazine size here, for anything other than water fowl. (if you need that many rounds for hunting, you shouldn't be hunting in my eyes) I save 30 rounders for the range. Ammo has gotten way to expensive to just burn through it , even cheap steal cased ammo. Fox_Hunter... I think you need to click your heals a little harder ! :lol: People here are so much friendlier, for the most part. :)
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ROCK » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:35 am

Fox_Hunter, how old are your kids? I very well may know them. I'm 33, I have a brother who's 31 and a sister who's 29.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:56 pm

No restrictions here on AR based guns, just no full auto. Shotgun Deer and Waterfowl are 3 shots only, anything else is everything goes. I'm about your size, and my 243 Bolt action doesn't kick. I personally don't care for the Ar type gun, maybe i'm old school. I know they shoot very well. My step son has a Rock River with Stainless and muzzle brake. We were shooting hair spray cans at 400 yards out behind the house. They are really cool when hit, they fly all over the place.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:58 pm

I might know your parents, LOL
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Your probably right about knowing my parents, lol ! I was in livingston yesterday helping my buddy build a shooting range at his families farm close to county J. We heard yotes yeping and barking not far from us, there must be dens close :D Looks like i'm not the new guy anymore... I need to say Hi.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm drawing a blank on County J.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:05 pm

county J runs from just outside of Dodgevlle by cobb area down to the livingston area. a ways before the windmills. I can't think of the highway name that goes by the windmills .
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:42 pm

oh ok, kind of off in the Linden area
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:59 pm

yeah, we started out at the gun shop in livingston and made our way back that ways. I've never been to where we were yesterday, some back pasture of theirs. Just heard tons of stories from Mike. I had my caller with me and let out a howl and they shut up. I mounted my new scope and had to zero it. Sold mike a 3-9-40 Simmons that I couldn't use for hunting at night. it was a older Simmons 8 point and it wouldn't gather enough light. I have a Simmons 22mag 4 power that I had on my AR that he wanted. I wouldn't sell it. i love that scope. It was just under 50 bucks new :D I'll keep it for my 243.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 am

I have a 3-9x40 simmons that I use all the time, it works really well. In fact it's on my 243
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:25 am

I liked my simmons 3-9-40, but it had to go... At night I was lucky to see through it at all, let alone see the cross hairs.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:35 pm

I don't do nights unless full moon and snow. My Simons worked great. Lots of early morning, late evening low light dead critters with it.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to Hunting Buddy