home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

S.E. wisconsin

Find A Hunting Partner

S.E. wisconsin

Postby dogduster » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:29 am

Looking for someone in southeastern WI whos doesn't mind some walking.
My main calling partener has a bum ankle and the other is older and out of shape. Neither of them wants to walk more than a few hundred yards.
dogduster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:06 pm

I've got a bum knee and am overweight. You can use me for bait :lol: Fields are turning muddy, need to stay on the edges so you don't sink. Fox river is rising, took all the ice away. Coyotes got pushed out of the big swamp by the extra water.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby dogduster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:20 am

Dave I have a motion decoy but I need a larger visual atractor. So I would be willing to give you a try, do you think you could flop around like a wounded deer for 20-30minutes. Make sure you use scent eliminating soaps to cause we could pin some venison to you. those coyotes wouldn't be able to resist, they would hear, see, and smell a easy meal. :lol:
dogduster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:35 pm

:o Suppose you want me to make sqealing noises also. Knowing you you'll be taping the whole show :lol: Frigging river is over it's banks as of now and in my yard. The yotes have been pushed out of the big swamp and are hanging around the subdivisions. Had a hollering contest with them last night. Got a busy weekend planned with my sons B-day and him signing up for a trap team for the school on Sunday. Saturday will be shooting rifles with older son and his friends to make sure that they handle semi autos safely. Might be able to slip out Saturday morning for a couple of stands. I've got 2 small farms across the street from each other that i've only hit once this year. Saw a pair but no shot and I wasn't busted. The other farm had 1 goose killing yote taken in November. Both are within 1/2 mile of Bong Nature area. It's getting abit too late for me as I let them go after Feb because of the mating but I need atleast 1 more outing. Let me know if you have time. Dave
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby dogduster » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:53 am

I too hve all but qiut hunting coyotes for now. might get out mid to late summer if i get the itch and cant fight it any longer.
going to try to end crow season with a few.
dogduster
Silver Member
Silver Member

hunting buddy

Postby dogdriver » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:20 pm

hi my name is joe and im looking for someone to hunt with this coyote season i live near antigo wi im a caller i have a lot of time in the winter
if anyone would like to let me know
good hunting to all
dogdriver

Postby kmeyer » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:05 pm

I live in New Berlin right next to Waukesha. I'd love to get out for a few sets. Let me know if you still want some company!
kmeyer
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby yotefever » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:49 pm

Kemeyer,
My shop is in New Berlin,(calhoun and cleveland) but we work all over the state, on cell towers.Working in Racine tomorrow.
I can't wait for the deer season to get over with so I can get out and hunt coyotes.
I got a jeep Wrangler, so the snow won't bother me this year.
I got a big doe in the N Kettle Moraine so it's time to get some jerky made to eat while coyote hunting.
I'm putting a new barrel on my Savage Striker still a 22-250 but a faster twist and 3" longer. I like those heavier bollits. I"m doing a Duracoat paint job on it too.
AK Dave, are you still at the ERGS? I left there in Sept. Just in time to get out to WY for an antelope hunt.

Mike
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby dogduster » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:06 am

I also live outside of waukesha, going to be spending more time in the KMSF this year.
I go by myself a lot but like night hunting with a partener much better.
If any one in S.E. would like to team up for some night sets let me know.
dogduster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby yotefever » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:31 am

I love being out there for some night hunting. I haven't done much down here but have 'up north'. On those -24* nights I don't last real long.
I have just hunted the northern KMSF, haven't been in the southern part for a while, and that was just camping.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby dogduster » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:12 am

I have never been to the northern unit, but did some scouting in the southern unit this summer and had one respond to my calls in oct. and have not been back since then.
dogduster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby kmeyer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Wow! We outta get out for some sets here soon. Quite a few of us in the area.
kmeyer
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby yotefever » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:15 am

I was out in Lake Mills working on a cell tower and ran into a cell tech from another carrier and he is a big coyote hunter too. He hunts the SKM and does well. I gave him my card, for silhouette shooting, and I hope he calls. He lives in East Troy.
Looks like I'll be working Saturday
:(
Sure was hoping to get out with the new gun/barrel.

Mike
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:36 am

Still at ERGS but it is finally winding down for me. Should be out of there in a couple of weeks. Having just Sunday off is not to my liking. I swapped my 16" 223 Contender barrel for a 23". Am thinking of adding a 17 Remington barrel from Bullberry. Have the 6.8 barrel sighted in with 90gr. Noslers :D
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby yotefever » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:17 pm

I know what you mean about just being off on Sundays. Most of the 9 months I worked there were 4/10's and 2/8's. I worked 28 days straight, all but two Sundays were 12.5 hours long. Woke up at 4:30 and got home at 7:30, sure were long days.
We are busy getting some at&t cell sites done but should slow down after Christmas. I hope to get out and do some hunting. Didn't see any tracks let alone coyotes on Sunday. But sure was good to get out (with snow shoes) yesterday.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Hunting Buddy