home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Whats in your closet?

Old or New, if you have to load from the muzzle post it here.

Whats in your closet?

Postby young Gun » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:29 pm

Ok guys lets hear what you are shooting for a muzzle loader. I have few, two are in Hawkins. One in 45 cal and the other in 50 cal. I also have three inline two TCs and a black diamond. Two in 50 cal and one in 45 cal. I’m building a Pennsylvania long rifle. It will be a left handed flint lock. So what are you using for a smoke pole?
young Gun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:09 pm

I too am a big muzzleloader fan. I build all my own, but they are all traditional. Flintlocks are my prefered choice, but I do deer hunt with a percussion .50 call Hawken style. My favorite caliber is .32 or my .62 cal smoothbore for bird and small game hunting. Below are a few pics.

This is my .32cal I finished last month.

This is my .62cal smoothbore I built over the summer.

This is my .50cal Hawken for deer hunting. I built this back in 1990.

Postby kmeyer » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:12 pm

As you can see I continued my tradition of posting as a guest up above:) I am currently in the middle of building 2 more long rifles. One is a .54cal Lancaster Pennsylvania and the second is a .50cal Virginia long rifle. Here a pic of my smoothbore and a squirrel I got earlier in the fall.

Here's my brother shooting it. Look closely at the embers falling in front of the barrel.

kmeyer
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby young Gun » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:00 am

That's some nice rifles. I'm going to try to post a few picks of the work in progress of my gun here soon.
young Gun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby BowHuntingFool » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:13 am

Kmeyer, Nice Guns you have there! I have a Lyman GPR .50 cal Flintlock and a Lyman Deerstalker .54 cal Flintlock! I just love the Flinters!
Savage Model 11 FNS Hunter .204 Ruger
Leupold VX-II 3x9 40mm
Hornady 40gr V-Max
-
Bowtech Mighty Mite
100gr Slick Trick
BowHuntingFool

Return to Muzzle Loaders