home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

How To Post A Video

Questions, comments, and suggestions

How To Post A Video

Postby Fitter » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 pm

When creating a new post you will see the tag needed to post a video. It is labeled youtube as noted in the image below.

tags.jpg

Once you click the youtube tag button the code will appear in your post like this: [youtube][/youtube]

What you need to do is insert the video ID in between the tags you just created. The video ID is found at the end of the video url. For instance if the url of the video is youtube.com/watch?v=1234abcd you would post the portion behind the equal sign. For reference it is bolded red and underlined in the sample url.

When you're done the code would look like this
Code: Select all
[youtube]1234abcd[/youtube]

Basically just remember everything after the equal sign is what you need to place between the youtube tags and your video will appear on the board.

I would not recommend posting more than 1 video per post. YouTube is not always reliable and when you're trying to pull more info from their site you see errors in the videos when they attempt to load. And yes, this code only works with youtube videos.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: How To Post A Video

Postby yotefever » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:05 pm

The problem was I thought it was like an url where I could just copy and paste the whole line and when I tried to shorten it to try I didn't do it right, so I just played with this last one and got it to work :D
God, in his wisdom, When creating women, made a promise to men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. And then He smiled and made the earth round.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: How To Post A Video

Postby Fitter » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:35 pm

You would think you could just post the code youtube offers but that doesnt work. In fact there are many things that wont work unless changes are made beforehand on this end.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Help Forum