home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Marauder'd em!

All species of squirrels

Marauder'd em!

Postby yotebang » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Hey guys,
I acquired a Benjamin Marauder pcp air rifle this fall in .25 cal. Best gun I've ever shot, pistol, rifle or shotgun. Mostly used it at my grandma's in Antioch. Her house was overrun this past year with tree rats! They were quite literally everywhere and I've yet to see a property quite like it. So, between me and a couple buddies, we took it upon ourselves to help "clean" things up, air rifle style! This gun is near silent, only making a slight pop and shoots accurately to over 100 yards with bigger game like coyotes or small deer supposedly possible at 40 yards and less.

The neighbors yard was quite the squirrel magnet with them starting the season munching on the apples falling off the trees in the orchard, then they moved to the hickories. It almost wasn't fair! It seems grandma's yard was the roost and the neighbors was the feast. Shot around 30 there this season. Left some to breed. We had a lot of fun with this rifle and the accuracy of it. Kinda like being a sniper over seas! I shot one at about 80 yards and it literally went behind the eye, out the other side, and ricocheted off two trees! Amazing for an air rifle! Anywho, lot's of fun this season.

sq2.jpg
sq2.jpg (35.1 KiB) Viewed 6088 times
yotebang
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Marauder'd em!

Postby yotebang » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

and yes, I realize what the state limit is before anyone judges, this was a 3 man crew outing! :D
yotebang
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 am

I use to hunt with the old Benjamin many years ago. Shot a ton of small game and the neighbors welcomed me to take out the rabbits chowing down in their gardens. My fee was pick up the dead rabbit and some veggies to go with the rabbit. Lots of fun and that picture brings back a lot of memories. Thanks for posting and congrats on the squirrels. They make one hell of a soup.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:39 pm

The days with the Sheridan 5mm :lol: Nothing edible was safe.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Squirrels