home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Starting to feel bad...

Unwanted stray wild pets.

Starting to feel bad...

Postby yotebang » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Not sure where the heck they're all coming from, but this week has been terrible with all the cats or "crats" that keep coming into the yard! Watched the one eat a couple birds, wasn't really happy about that so decided to hook up the driveway sensor, add a little kitty kat attract, load the marauder pellet gun, and go to work. Well, so far I've extinguished 5 of em! All of em no collar. Like I said, starting to feel bad.. Really hope it's not my neighbor next door, maybe he's getting them to help control a rodent problem? Hate to ask him now as I may feel a bit :oops: I just don't like the fact that someone let's their "pet" out and it does what it wants. What if my two year old is in the back yard and gets bit or scratched? Meow Kapow!
yotebang
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Starting to feel bad...

Postby Alaska Dave » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:09 pm

I use to have a problem when I lived on the deadend road with people dropping off their unwanted crats. The humane society told me to live trap them and drop them off at their place in Kenosha. The crats thought my birdfeeders were for them. Bang,flop. Neighbors crats got either paintballed or caught and dosed with skunk or fox urine.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby yotefever » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 pm

I counted 12 crats one nite where I walk my dog in town. I went to the village hall to let them know to get rid of them. Now I just see 2-3 of them. I guess they thought they got them all??
God, in his wisdom, When creating women, made a promise to men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. And then He smiled and made the earth round.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Ryan, now remember if you use a live trap and catch one of the neighbors crats remember to dose it well in skunk or one of the other scents. They will be so pleased when they give their pet a bath :lol: You can also use peel and stick flooring tiles to slow them down. Cut into aproximate 3"x3" squares and place sticky side up in front of your bait :lol:
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Feral Cats And Dogs Guys. This isn't about killing, torturing, or messing with the neighbors pets or tame animals. I field the angry emails - some from registered board members - please stay on topic.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby yotebang » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:04 pm

:lol:

In Wisconsin, as Feral Cat is defined as a cat that is NOT wearing a collar nor is in direct supervision of it's owner.
These cats may or may not live in someone's home, but by definition of law, they are feral.

With that in mind, I won't be killing anymore cats, but may feel the urge to spray a touch of skunk oil on one! :lol: Sorry Fitter, had too..
Better than the other way around!

I've shot 8 opossums this winter though which is crazy! They keep coming! And man do they stink, even the coyotes won't touch em!
yotebang
Silver Member
Silver Member

Return to Feral Cats And Dogs