home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

HELP

Wolf sightings and wolf hunting reports

HELP

Postby yotefever » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:55 am

My zone, 4 closed in four and a half days so I'm looking for a place to fill my wolf tag. Any help would be appreciated. Only zone 3 and 6 are open. Here is a link to the dnr that has a link to the map and info. http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/wolf.html
I even got my trapping license but never had a chance to set a trap. Just did 7 stands and when I came in on Saturday the website stated the zone will close Sunday at 6:30 pm. :cry:

Thanks
God, in his wisdom, When creating women, made a promise to men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. And then He smiled and made the earth round.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: HELP

Postby PREDATIM » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm feeling for ya... That's exactly what happened to me last year...

Quick learning curve for all of us...

Seems like one would need to pattern where the wolves are on their circuit in the area you plan to hunt / trap
and be there hunting or putting as much steel in the ground you can the morning the season opens.....

Seems to be a trapping game right now... Good luck!

Predatim

I'm getting lots of trail cam pics... their circuit is about every 2-3 weeks past my cameras...

"AIM SMALL ....... MISS SMALL"
PREDATIM
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby yotefever » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 am

Heading up to the Wausau area tomorrow. Have some friends there I used to shoot with and they found a farmer that's been seeing some.
God, in his wisdom, When creating women, made a promise to men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. And then He smiled and made the earth round.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Song-Dog » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:08 pm

I have the same issue. Was I zone 4. Going out again this weekend in 6 if I can find anything.
When all else fails, keep shooting!
Song-Dog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby yotefever » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:34 am

Just got back from the Wausau area with no happy story. :( One thing that was funny was I felt like the prodigal son returning. Once I mention I have a wolf tag everyone wants me to come to there place and fill my tag. There is one couple that liked it when they announced they introduced wolves back in the state but now that they have moved in next to their place they want them gone because it seems they are eying up their horses. They had to install additional fencing all around their coral and they are very afraid for the pony. (who even came over to thank me one night :D )
They said they thought the wolves would stay 'up north' but the wolves/dnr have other plans.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Wolves