home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Carry gun.

Everything that has to do with handguns.

Carry gun.

Postby young Gun » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:45 pm

I carry a Ruger 44mag that has a ten inch barrel. This is what I carry when I am hunting or tracking deer bear or just incase I have to use it for. I have shot a few deer with it and have fun doing it. What do you carry with you when you are out hunting?
young Gun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Hunter » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:08 am

44's are alright. I used to use a Desert Eagle for deer hunting but now I strictly use a Savage Striker in a 308. I've shot quite a few deer with it ranging anywhere from 10 yds to 250 yds. I used to use a Ruger Mark 2 for rabbit and squirrel hunting.
Hunter

Postby DaBeerGeek » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:11 am

If I am hunting for rabbits or any other small game I carry a Ruger MKII Gov't Model 22lr with 6 7/8" bull Barrel. I use the Federal Hi-Power/Classic/Game-Shok (all the same stuff just different labeling). I don't carry a shotgun for rabbits anymore and get all the rabbits I need and it doesn't do much damage. For deer, I have usually carried a TC Contender in .357 Rem Max w/10" barrel and did well with that but now carry a Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" stainless 44mag with a 240gr SWC that I make myself. All the practice you do in the off season does pay off plus you get to keep your hands warm while you are walking around.[quote][/quote]
DaBeerGeek
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby vmthtr in green bay » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:20 pm

I have carried a T/C for a long time, about 15 different calibers. When I moved to WI, I can't hunt deer in the U.P. anymore with them so sold most. I don't hunt deer in WI. MI has the assinine position of a registration, and a WI resident cannot legally bring a handgun into MI. Hope our CCW goes through and it will be a different tune.

Mike
vmthtr in green bay
Avid Member
Avid Member

Return to Pistols