home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Favorite Hunting Haunts

Your favorite area to hunt

Favorite Hunting Haunts

Postby Shawn Knitt » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:57 pm

My favorite place is northern Wisconsin. My home town. St Germian. Along with the Nicolet Nat'l Forest and the Northern Highland/American Legion State forest. Both big tracts of public land with tons of game. Its an outdoorsman's paradise. Hands down its truly "God's Country".

my 2 cents worth

Shawn Knitt
Grafton WIS
Shawn Knitt

Postby jb22 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:50 am

My favorite place is the Wi. river bluff in Grant Co.
jb22
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby Spiral Architect » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:59 am

Nicolet all the way man. That's where it's at. : P
Spiral Architect

good place to hunt

Postby varmintguy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:03 pm

ive had decent luck near shelter valley, just outside of three lakes. Anybody tryed any of the land down near argonne? lots of farms, im thinking of trying it sometime.
varmintguy

Re: Favorite Hunting Haunts

Postby muskyjohn » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 pm

My favorite place to hunt is definitly three lakes area, heck shelter valley IS my back yard. Have not been successful yet but it is a beautiful remote area of WI with lots of spots to explore and try, I'm prayin it will happen soon! My only successful hunt so far came from a beautiful chunk of land in an ag area of Juneau, monroe co. Have also wanted to try the Argonne area myself.
muskyjohn
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby yotefever » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Hunting in/near the Nicolet. I was lucking to go along with a buddy while he was trapping beaver and we would do stands along the river. We even had a triple come in one time.
I spend most time hunting in the Northern Kettle Moraine, along with lots of dog walkers, walkers, bunny hunters and loggers.
God, in his wisdom, When creating women, made a promise to men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. And then He smiled and made the earth round.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 am

West of New Lisbon in the Hustler region. Also the farms outside of Broadhead hold alot of yotes.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Regional