home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

winter grousing?

Bird hunters

winter grousing?

Postby muskyjohn » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:59 am

Anyone else still chasen em? I am. Went for a short walk hour and half for our traditional Christmas day grouse hunt nada, but a beautiful afternoon none the less in God's country me and dad. Went out yesterday had 2 picture perfect flushes followed by 2 picture perfect misses, hey it happens! Went out today, 8 inches of fresh snow, beautiful day, but a quiet one. Anyone else still at em? Happy holidays!
Ps thanks fitter for adding this to the species list.
muskyjohn
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: winter grousing?

Postby Fitter » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:44 am

I don't see a lot of grouse on my property so I've been limiting myself to one per year. It is a special bird each year that's for sure. I've always taken that bird in the fall. I do however see grouse numerous times throughout the year.

Growing up, grouse were my favorite and my first real introduction to hunting. I was hooked. We always called them partridge. I shot more grouse with a single shot 410 than any other gun I owned.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Grouse and Woodcock