home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

first time coyote caller

Sounding the dinner bell

Re: first time coyote caller

Postby Berserker » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:19 pm

This would not be my first time hunting, I realize that. But with deer I go hunting again, for hopes of the big one, and more meat. I think coyote hunting would be something to do, and you can argue it needs to be done. Though if I could sell them without a hassle, I am not against that either. What do people get???

I am leaning pretty hard to Ruger American Predator in .243, if I can find one. Buds is out too. Cabelas might have had one, but they are over priced. But I do have points.

Thinking about buying to expensive of scope. Thinking Leopold VX-3 40 ojective or 50 with 3L, thought that is getting a little $$. Though you can put it on something else. I didnt realize but if you you have a bulletr drop compensator turret built, you can swap out the turrets for different calibers or loads. That seems pretty cool.

I'd probably like coyote hunting, cause mostly I just like buying gear and reloading. Ha.
Berserker
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby Berserker » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Haven't actually done any hunting, but I did buy a Savage predator with medium barrel in .243. Not sure if I like the scope, it has a dot isntead of cross at center. For hunting I think it might be good, but for punching paper not sure. I wanted a heavier barrel so I could spend more time target shooting.

I sighted it in 50 yards with Hornady Vmax superperfomance 3925 fps. I dont know if it is the right bullet, I just liked how flat it shot. I should be on at 200 yards. Now the warm weather is coming, and pelts probably won't be as good, I am guessing. Get my act together for next year.
Berserker
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:58 pm

sight that gun in 1 inch high at 100 yards. should put you in the kill zone out to 250.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Berserker » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 am

Using the Nikon Spoton calculator for that load, put the arc crossing at 50 and 200. Need to get out in the real world and see.
Berserker
Avid Member
Avid Member

Previous

Return to Calls