home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Not a Coyote

If it isnt varmint hunting add it here

Not a Coyote

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:32 pm

I know this has nothing to do with hunting, but it was fun. THe wife and I caught 11 fish all over 3#, this being the biggest. Post Spawn 5#. Too bad I had to go all the way to Florida to catch them
Attachments
IMG_0514.jpg
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Not a Coyote

Postby Fitter » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:40 pm

That's what this forum is for and that is one hell of a nice largemouth bass my friend. He looks heavier than 5 pounds. Nice fish!

Live bait?

What part of Florida were you fishing? I have a brother down there, near Miami. I get pics from him and his wife and their latest catch. Makes me jealous especially now when the lake is still froze solid.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am

Orlando area. Actually fishing the St John's river. We were using wild Shiners. The scale i had said 5 but it looked bigger. If I would have got it a couple days earlier it may have been 8

We stayed in Miami/Homestead the first night of vacation. Then drove to Key Largo, then Key West. Nice place to visit, but I like up state Florida better
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fitter » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Yeah I've been to the Keys. Sloppy Joes and Key Lime pie! Fort Lauderdale during spring break was a blast. Wouldn't mind doing that again. And a bunch of other places were nice in Florida. Nice visit especially this time of the year but home, at my quiet little cabin, with very little traffic, non-existent crime, critters in the yard that typically don't intend to kill me, and most of all, privacy, got all that whooped easily. We could stand for a few more bikinis on the beach.

Given the time I would cart my butt down there for a couple weeks of fishing and sunshine though. And I suppose visiting family. :lol:

And I'll bet that big bass would have been pushing 8 pre-spawn. Next year you'll be cranking in one of it's offspring.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:41 pm

I like fishing down there, not just because of size, it seems there is less pressure. Around my house it's follow the leader on these little lakes. Also a way better chance of getting more than 1 a season like the picture. I have yet to score a true Florida Bass, Lake Toho, Ochechobiee is known for.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fitter » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:41 pm

My brother fishes Okeechobee once and a while. That would be a good time.

There's not a ton of fishing pressure around here. Lot's of rivers and of course the great lakes and many inland ponds.

I was on my first bike ride of the year today. 24 miles later my legs are complaining. And here's what most of the rivers look like around here. This pic is just a few hours old. Most of the Big Bay is open.

thawing-river.jpg
March 30 River
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Brrrrr, Wide open here and the grass starting to green up
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Everything Else