home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Canadian sniper sets world record

Open forum conversation

Canadian sniper sets world record

Postby Fitter » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:57 pm

A Canadian sniper set what appears to be a record, picking off an ISIS fighter from some 2.2 miles away, and disrupting a potentially deadly operation by the terror group in Iraq.

Shooting experts say the fatal shot at a world-record distance of 11,316 feet underscores how stunningly sophisticated military snipers are becoming. The feat, pulled off by a special forces sniper from Canada’s Joint Task Force 2, smashed the previous distance record for successful sniper shots by some 3,280 feet, a record set by a British sniper.

more... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22/ca ... ghter.html
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Canadian sniper sets world record

Postby practice-more » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:14 am

I saw a headline on this ... damn.

I've read a few articles on it now. As I figured, a real lack of details. The distance alone however is impressive. The sheer amount of calculations to account for wind, gravity, coriolis, spin drift, updrafts ... wow. I understand some of the math, but at a certain point you are taking educated guesses and hoping for the best.

Several of the previous long range records were not 1-shot kills. The spotter was able to see bullet splash and give corrections for follow up shots to "walk" the bullet in to the target.

Either way, buy that man a beer and another box of bullets, he has done us all proud!

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Return to Anything Goes