home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

South Carolina Coyote Hunting Incentive

Yote hunters specific

South Carolina Coyote Hunting Incentive

Postby Fitter » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:44 pm

I posted this news item on our Outdoor News Daily site and it received all negative comments.
http://outdoornewsdaily.com/coyotes-rel ... e-program/

For the second year in a row, the S.C. Department of Natural Resources has tagged and released 16 coyotes. Four coyotes have been placed in each game zone as part of the coyote harvest incentive program. The incentive program was created by a Budget Proviso (47.10) passed by the S.C. General Assembly in 2016 and 2107. This proviso directs SCDNR to develop and implement a coyote tagging and reward program.

Anyone who kills one of the tagged coyotes, saves the carcass for verification and contacts SCDNR will receive a complimentary lifetime hunting license. This lifetime license may be issued to a designee of the winner’s choice.

Eight of the 16 tagged coyotes from last year have been reported thus far. Potentially, 24 tagged coyotes still remain that would be eligible for the lifetime license incentive.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: South Carolina Coyote Hunting Incentive

Postby practice-more » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:23 am

I guess if they have a coyote problem, I don't see anything wrong with it. I've heard of similar things being done with common carp in lakes.

I honestly don't think it will change much. The diehard coyote hunters will be out there either way and the ones who are just in it trying to get the prize will go out a few times and probably fizzle out without having much impact on coyote populations. Unfortunately, trying to raise awareness of an over abundance of coyotes through this type of "marketing" will also catch the attention of the anti groups. But, that's just the nature of the game I guess.

Wouldn't matter if they tagged any around here, I can seem to find a dumb one to call in anyway.

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: South Carolina Coyote Hunting Incentive

Postby Fitter » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:55 pm

I don't have a problem with it either but I think it could be done without releasing more coyotes.

The goal is to reduce the population. So just give the permits to those licensed coyote hunters who bring in the most coyotes. That method would also eliminate the cost of trapping and tagging the coyotes before transporting and releasing.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Coyotes