home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Guests are welcome!!!

Open forum conversation

Guests are welcome!!!

Postby practice-more » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 pm

I've noticed in the last month or so there have been a lot more "guests" using the sight.

As I make this post, there were 9 actives users on the site. Two of which were registered (me and a bot) and 7 guests. I think it is great that the sight is getting more traffic and people looking at our content.

For any of the guests who read this post, thanks for stopping by. We would also welcome you as members so that you could be active participants in our discussions.

Either way, great to see more activity of any kind.

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Guests are welcome!!!

Postby Fitter » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:56 pm

I agree. And, most members would be surprised how many people email me questions about hunting coyotes or they're looking for hunters to hunt their problem coyotes. I always send them a link to join the forum to post their questions or requests for assistance in hunting their coyotes but rarely do they follow through.

That's nothing new with forums though.

I've run a half dozen forums through the years and that's always been the case.

I've come to the conclusion that if you're reading the boards and finding the information you need then the resources found on these posts justifies the particpation of current members.

What I've never understood, which is also very common, is the number of people who do join and never make a single post.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby practice-more » Fri May 11, 2018 9:03 am

I'm still seeing an increased number of users online, but no new members.

"I've come to the conclusion that if you're reading the boards and finding the information you need then the resources found on these posts justifies the particpation of current members."

I agree, lots of the views come from people doing online searches for information. Hopefully they are able to find what they are looking for.

To me, the whole idea of the forum is to share information, and sometimes a good laugh. What most people don't realize thought, is that everyone has something to share, regardless of their "knowledge" level. In fact, those that know nothing sometimes contribute the most just by asking the questions that otherwise wouldn't get answered.

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Fri May 11, 2018 1:15 pm

In fact, those that know nothing sometimes contribute the most just by asking the questions that otherwise wouldn't get answered.

Once they get past the stigma that asking what they deem may be a "dumb" question on a public forum it truly is beneficial for many others and they usually enjoy their time on the boards.

As the saying goes there are no dumb questions. Everybody starts somewhere with their own ideas and perceptions of coyote hunting.

On some forums new members are verbally attacked for asking novice questions. That's not the case on this forum. In fact it's not tolerated.

The spring and summer months have always been particularly slow on the boards though. Once the cool weather rolls around again interest picks up for the upcoming season.

I view the forum posts as articles. Some lengthy and detailed, some short and fairly vague, and some have many contributing authors to a single article. All are UGC (user generated content), creating an entire volume of knowledge, tactics, and techniques.

And as you mention Mitch, if a member wants to talk about anything else we have forums for those conversations as well. Most of us are not only geared towards coyote hunting as we enjoy many aspects of the outdoors.

In fact here's a couple of my passions that don't even involve hunting.

Bike touring!

I pack 30 to 40 pounds of gear on my bicycle, pedal anywhere from 10 to 60 miles, and do some camping and fishing for a couple days, then power my butt home via leg power. My mini vacations.

loaded-bike.jpg

Creating rustic furniture for my cabin is another.

I cut the trees from my property, mill the logs with a friend, and build what I need. It's usually my winter activity to break the monotony.

living-room.jpg

I've been restoring my cabin to what I consider a more authentic cabin for years now. Log furniture, furs on the walls, traps, lanterns, fish mounts, antlers, etc.

One of the perks of being a bachelor :D
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Anything Goes