home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

PRS style 22 shoot

Competitive Shooting

PRS style 22 shoot

Postby practice-more » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 am

Planning a little PRS style 22 match at my place on Saturday. Just friends and family but it should be a good time.

Basically, we will be shooting 22's from 50 to 100 yards from an assortment of positions and props. All of the targets are steel gongs that I have made. Some of the ideas come from the NRL22.org website and others are based upon what we have available. I posted the course of fire and scorecard if anyone is interested.

I'll try to remember to get some photos.

Mitch
Attachments
PRS Scorecard.pdf
(90.11 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: PRS style 22 shoot

Postby practice-more » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:48 am

This was somewhat of a trial run just to see how things went and overall, I think things went pretty well. There were only 4 shooters, but with a wide range of age and shooting experience. I learned a lot about what works, and a little about what didn't. I'll need to adjust the time limits on a few of the stages and make a few more targets of different sizes.

Target sizes were a 2" triangle at 50 yards, a 3" octagon at 75 yards and a 3" square at 100 yards. We also used clay pigeons and the KYL rack that I've posted before. For a few of the stages we need bigger things to hit. We were all pretty wobbly from the ladder, something I'm sure would get better with more practice, but larger targets (and a little more time) will keep it fun.

I think this is something that we will definitely do again. I've attached one photo, but I will try to put up at PDF of a bunch, hopefully that is faster than uploading them one at a time.

Mitch
Attachments
R1.jpg
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby practice-more » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:02 am

More Photos
Attachments
PDF 1.pdf
(855.1 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby practice-more » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:03 am

More Photos
Attachments
PDF 2.pdf
(741.82 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Looks like fun.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:37 pm

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

What's the deal with the rubber chicken?
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby practice-more » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Fitter wrote:Cool. Thanks for sharing. What's the deal with the rubber chicken?

What, doesn't everyone have a rubber chicken just laying around??? The last stage was as follow:

Stage 5: Are You Chicken? 

10 Rounds    90 Seconds 

Shooter will start standing behind the bench with their hands on their head and 
their rifle on the bench.  Upon the start, the shooter will engage the gong set 
from largest to smallest, accruing more points for each consecutive target (3, 6, 9, 
etc). If a shooter consecutively hits all 7 gongs, they may continue to engage the 
smallest gong and accrue 21 points per additional consecutive hit. However, if a 
shooter misses, they lose all accrued points. A shooter may “bank” their accrued 
points at any time by running to the barrel and shaking the rubber chicken over 
their head.
 After which, they may continue shooting but must start over with the 
largest gong and its associated point value. A shooter may “bank” points as many 
times as they wish. 

One shooter didn't want any blackmail photos so they chose not to bank, missed (twice) and come away from the stage without many points to show for it.

It was FUNNY!

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:16 pm

:lol: That's awesome!
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby practice-more » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:46 am

We're at it again with another shoot scheduled for this Saturday. A couple of the stages will be the same, others will be different.

We are expecting a little bigger group this time, maybe 8-12 shooters. I'll post the course of fire and a few photos afterward.

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Return to Competition