home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

PRS style 22 shoot

Competitive Shooting

Re: PRS style 22 shoot

Postby Fitter » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:08 am

No problem. Maybe we can direct a few eyeballs in that direction.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby practice-more » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:25 pm

We did it again!

Only 6 shooters this time but two newbies, and we had 2 new stages to test out. I built a tank trap out of 7' long 4x4's and we swapped out the barrels with a pyramid stack of sm. square hay bales.

The weather made a bit of a challenge too. Temps were cooler with overcast skies and a 5-10 mph wind that was coming over your left shoulder ... most of the time. That doesn't sound like much wind, but it doesn't take much to blow a subsonic 22 round off target at 100 yards. In fact most all of the hits on that target were on the lower right area of the circle. I was holding about 2" left of center and still impacting a little right and low.

There were also a few more mental errors yesterday. Nothing safety related, but I think there were 4 instances where people shot one round at the wrong target and didn't get credit for a hit. Two of the occurrences were on the dice. One shooter rolled 75, 75, 100, but instead shot 75, 100, 100 and didn't get credit for the middle shot. Other times, shooters lost count and shot too many rounds before switching targets/positions. Just goes to show, when you think you've run out of ways to throw away points, you surprise yourself.

Sorry, not much for pictures this time. We were short on spectators and everyone had a job timing, spotting hits, scorekeeping, etc. The few pictures I took were mostly blackmail photos of people swinging the chicken.

It looks like a couple of us will be talking to the ABC Sportsmen's group on October 2 to see if they are interested in running something more official by NRL22.org standards. I wasn't able to go to the Holmen R&G event, but I checked in with one of the guys there afterward and it sounded like they had about a dozen shooters and it went very well.

Mitch
Attachments
September 22 Match.pdf
(709.46 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby practice-more » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:37 am

I headed down to Grantsburg and we ran another shoot with my folks and their neighbors/friends.

We had a total of 8 shooters this time, mostly newbies but it went well. I think the Ruger 10/22 was the most represented gun at this shoot, and even with a basic 4x scope they did well. Goes to show that you don't have to have anything special to have fun at this game.

Here is a the course of fire and a quick photo. Since there were so many new shooters, I spent a lot of time coordinating and someone else took photos. I'm sure they got some better pictures but I just don't have them.
Attachments
Logs.jpg
Christian 22 Match.pdf
(891.76 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Why are you so far away? It definatly looks like a great time. Any room for camping?
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby practice-more » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Dave, I'm sure we could find room to put you up for a night or two.

I'm not sure we will be running any more this fall, but I plan to start as soon as the snow settles again next spring. I've already got ideas for a few new stages and I'm building the props.

Feel free to take any of the course info that I posted and meet your buddies at your local range. That is the whole goal, get more people shooting.

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Previous

Return to Competition