home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Looking for an e-caller

Sounding the dinner bell

Looking for an e-caller

Postby practice-more » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:15 am

Deciding to get an electronic call for this year, but I'm not sure which one. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I don't want to regret buying junk either.

What does everyone else use, and what do/don't you like about it.

Right now I'm leaning towards the FoxPro Inferno. They are $200, but if I order it directly from FoxPro, I can custom pick which 75 sounds it comes with.

Open to other's opinions and experience though.

Thanks,

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Looking for an e-caller

Postby Alaska Dave » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:12 pm

I went with the foxpro FX3 years ago. took me 4 months to finally figure out which 31 calls I wanted. I have only wished that I had not got 2 of them, lol.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby practice-more » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks Dave,

I did a lot more looking last night and was debating between the FoxPro Inferno, Banshee and JackHammer.

The Banshee and the JackHammer came with more sounds, but the same remote a general capabilities as the Inferno, and they cost $100 more.

I ended up ordering an Inferno with a custom sound list (no extra cost) direct from FoxPro. It should arrive mid next week.

Hopefully I don't regret not getting a higher model, but I just couldn't see the advantages unless I was willing to jump to the $400+ range for something like the Fusion or the Shockwave.

The coyotes have been howling morning and night around my place. As soon as I fill my archery tag and we have a little snow on the ground, I'm going to get after them hard!

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby practice-more » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Inferno arrived yesterday. I unboxed it, installed the batteries and set up the programming, but I haven't taken it outside yet.

First impressions are:
1. It is a very small unit, not much bigger than a 20oz bottle. I hope its physical size doesn't reflect its capabilities, time will tell.
2. The remote seems very easy to use. Going through the functions and presets was fairly intuitive.
3. I played a couple of the sounds in the house on very low volume and they sound good ... to my ears anyway.

I'm looking forward to testing it out, seeing what type of volume it is capable of, what range the remote has, and how the batteries last.

I'll report back once I know more.

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Let us know how everything works out. I was watching a coyote hunting show yesterday and it looked exciting as hell. Of course, that was a show with prime property etc. but still, looked like a blast.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Calls