home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

224 Valkyrie

Your weapon of choice

224 Valkyrie

Postby Alaska Dave » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:29 pm

I have just started to play with this upper. I think I would have been better going with the 223 AI and save a few dollars. Let you know how it turns out.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 224 Valkyrie

Postby practice-more » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:38 am

Interested to hear the final results. My boss is considering getting one and I'm trying to talk him out of it.

He thinks it can be an alternate 1000yd gun to his 6 Creedmoor, but I just don't see that working well. The ballistics say it is possible but you need to run a fast twist barrel with heavy "target" bullets. To me, that pretty much pigeon holes the gun into a limited roll and my limited roll guns just sit in the cabinet most of the year. My opinion is that it won't do the 100 to 300 yard job any better than a 223 and if you want to shoot farther than that, you want a bigger bullet anyway. Maybe I'm wrong.

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: 224 Valkyrie

Postby Alaska Dave » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:05 pm

It will out run a 223 but not by much. If I could stuff a 22-250 into and ar15 upper I would be where i need to be. I have a 6.5 Creedmore uipper that I had built way too heavy to drag around in the woods. Looking at changing that problem but ran into the 6mm Creedmore. Right now i am looking at 243 uppers for the ar10. There goes my retirement, lol.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Varmint Calibers