home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Sign Of Spring

Open forum conversation

Sign Of Spring

Postby Fitter » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Saw a pair of Robins, our state bird, in the driveway today. Earliest I've seen them around here. Last year was April 1st.

Don't know what they plan to eat but, they're here.

I imagine you guys in Wisconsin have already seen them.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Sign Of Spring

Postby practice-more » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:52 pm

The only signs of spring I’ve seen so far are muddy dog paw prints across my kitchen floor.

We have had a couple warm days and the snow is settling/shrinking but it has a long way to go.

Honestly, I hope we get a normal spring with a gradual warm up, just right for the maple trees to run.

Mitch
practice-more
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:38 pm

We've had warm weather here for the past week as far as I'm concerned. Compared to the rest of the winter anyway. It's been a lot easier on the wood pile. And it seems I'm finally done pulling snow off the roof. Lot's of roofs caved in around here.

Snow has melted quite a bit but yes, long way to go yet. I too hope for a slow melt. It's muddy enough around here during a normal spring. Looks like another year of high water unless we have an exceptionally dry spring.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 am

River went up but no flooding so far. Tried to do some yard work and made a muddy mess.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Anything Goes