home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Varmint Comp?

Competitive Shooting

Varmint Comp?

Postby raven » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:14 am

I've been kicking a few ideas around for a varmint type competition. We disbanded our Marksmanship training section in this state so all of the military matches I normally shoot are no longer. I have the targets being made from steel plate of a coyote and prairie dog and deer (all life sized) I been thinking of some good distantance shooting and some speed also. Figured I'd toss it out and get a feel to if it would bring a respectable turn out.....Or having a kind of seminar on accuracy, loading technques ect...

Thoughts??????????
raven
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby PREDATIM » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:19 pm

Raven6,

I see that you are in the National Guard. I was in the Reserves for over 10 years, the 477th Medical Ambulance unit up in Duluth, before I got out in 1993. I was on the 88th ARCOM Rifle Team shooting the M14’s and the M16’s down at Ft. McCoy and shot at Little Rock Arkansas once. Never made it to Camp Perry but I learned a lot about shooting, I liked the 600 yard shooting the best.

Might be interested in some distance shooting, do you have an area?

Tim
"AIM SMALL ....... MISS SMALL"
PREDATIM
Silver Member
Silver Member

Competition

Postby raven » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:55 pm

I was top sniper in the State from '98 to '01, been to Nationals in arkansas 5 times and camp perry once. I have a 800yrd range of my own, which I try and shoot on every weekend when not tending to other things. I'd like to find a comp to fill the void of the loss of military comps. I held a police tactical match last year at the Marathon Cnty range with the Sherriff's dept. it went really well. I think a varmint one would be a hoot. If anything just having a group get together and learn and pass on stuff would be good too.
raven
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby jb22 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:53 pm

I would love to get involed.Would be more than happy to help out in anyway I could.
jb22
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby 1dahunter » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:15 pm

Id be very interested but you have to promise not to laugh, It sounds like we got some professionals here! I think it would be fun and I know I could learn alot from you guys. Jimmy
NAHC Life Member
GOA Contributer
1dahunter
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby 22-250 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:28 pm

Sounds like fun. I served in the Marine Corps for 8yrs. I tried out for the East Coast Shooting Division, but when your 19 you tend to have other things on your mind. :lol: If ya come up with some ideas or aplace I would be interested.
22-250

Postby vmthtr in green bay » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:27 pm

Seems to me there was a Varmint match in Euclare last year. Steel cutouts of prarie dogs out to 500 yards, no sighters, 20 rounds. I am also a vet, 20 years, I get out to SD once a year for prairie dogs. Let me know what you guys come up with.

Mike
vmthtr in green bay
Avid Member
Avid Member

Return to Competition