home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Site Changes

Website and Club News

Site Changes

Postby Fitter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:56 pm

Hello Guys, I wanted to take a moment, more than a moment, to make an announcement here that will take effect immediately.

I have been in talks with Shane, YoungGun, regarding the site here at Wisconsin Coyote Hunters and it's future. Shane and I put together the site with the thought that Shane would be able to, and have the time, to develop the domain into something larger in time.

As most of you who have been around for a while realize, this development hasnt taken place. This is not due to lack of interest on Shanes part. Of that I can assure each member. He has nothing but the best interest for the site. Regrettably it is due to lack of time which is definately needed to develop and improve any website. With that in mind we came to the agreement that I would obtain the majority of control with Shane remaining on as a moderator, administrator, and a spokesman for the club that has been created. The site itself will remain as Wisconsin Coyote Hunters but will now become part of the Water and Woods network. Let me explain a bit further and give some outlook on the future.

I personally own all of the websites contained within the network. All of these sites are used to interlink one another. All of the sites are also in the interest of the outdoors such as Deer Hunting, Turkey Hunting, Boating, Fishing, and now Varmint Hunting. What we do is use each site to help promote the other for more exposure. This will, beyond a doubt, work to the advantage of this site as well as our other websites as we move traffic in between websites.

Now, nothing you see here will be deleted. The forum and the photo areas will remain intact. What will change is the look of the site and of course some added content and, in time, you will see new members joining as we begin to promote the site to a broader audience.

Some of the new additions we are looking at will be a shopping area with Varmint calls, ammo, videos, books, etc. We have a strong affiliation with Cabelas and many other manufacturers that will allow us to bring you their entire inventory if we choose to do so. What else you will see are ads appearing on the site. These will be mainly our own ads from the network but may include purchased advertising as well. Nothing off-base or intrusive is allowed and we are extremely concerned with load times for the site. In short we believe most members and visitors will find the ads useful if in fact your outdoors includes any types of hunting, boating, or fishing.

Although I am kicking around a lot of ideas at the moment, I'd like to hear any suggestions you may have. Also any concerns may be posted as well. We have nothing to hide and I am more than happy to answer anything openly here for everyone to view.

With that in mind, sorry about the long post but, lets hear it. I'm looking forward to blasting forward and getting down to some serious work!
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby young Gun » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:19 pm

First of all thank you Fitter for the post about what is going on. I would like to let you all know that I have been thinking about this for a few months now. I thought it would benefit every one on the sight to have more then I have here for you. I would like to see this site grow and perpus as others come and join.

I due not have the time to get every thing that needs to be done for the site. I have other things that I need to deal with, with my time. With that sead I have known fitter for a long time now and trust his decisions. I thought he would be the person to go to. I will be here to help and see what I am missing when you people are out hunting while I am working or in school. I know that fitter will make this place shine and look all like it should.

Happy Fourth to everyone.
young Gun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quick Update

Postby Fitter » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:52 pm

I've been working behind the scenes here during this holiday weekend to get some material in place and I will earmark some of the content the new site will entail. Also a few changes to areas we already had.

The forum will see a minor facelift. Nothing major in function. Mostly cosmetic changes.

The photo gallery we had is gone. All it did was bring up errors every time it was accessed and no pictures could be viewed. Why? No clue but thats what I found when I started rebuilding. We will have a new photo gallery. Each registered forum member will have their own gallery to upload pics. No more jumbled all together. You will have your own space and the album title will replicate your username here on the forum. Bad part is that it's back to square one. All old photos have been deleted with the entire database that was corrupted. I will create a support area for people who may have a problem with uploading pics but, once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze.

Some new pages will be:
Printable Targets
Animal Sound Downloads - mainly varmints
Outdoor News
Featured Critter

We will also incorporate some lateral pages such as a contact page, frequently asked questions page, and a privacy policy. We will be keeping and building on the tips page which will now become Tips and Articles. Also the links page will stay as well as the Live Chat.

Shopping Pages will include products such as:
Shooting benches and bags
Bipods
Camo Gun Covers
Chronographs
Reloading Materials
Centerfire and Rimfire ammo
Rifle Barrels
Tactical Stocks
Gun Vices and Cradles
Rifle Sights and Scopes
Apparel Footwear etc.

Not going to bother listing them all as you will see for yourself. I have a large portion of the material completed but am not driven to make a statement about the final date but, it wont be long that I can say.

For those who are really curious you can have a look at the header graphic
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby yotefever » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:46 am

That's a great looking header!
Will we have to resign up for the new system? We had to on another bb.

Thanks,
Mike
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:53 pm

Hello Mike, Nobody will have to re-sign on the new system for the forum. As for the photo albums, those that request an album will have their account created manually by myself. So, actually no registration there either.

Glad you like the header. Experimenting on the forum a little here to see what we can accomplish with minimal changes.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fitter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:21 pm

For those who are interested, I have uploaded some avatars. Nothing fancy just some simple quick loading graphics. You can choose one by editing your profile.

There are also new emoticons, or smilies, on the board now. A bit different than the ones we had previously.

Also I uploaded the ranking images and assigned the status. They will appear as follows:

0-24 forum posts

25-49 forum posts
Contributing Member

50-99 forum posts
Avid Member

100-149 forum posts

150-249 forum posts
Silver Member

250-499 forum posts
Gold Member

500 forum posts
Platinum Member

Finally, there are new folder images on the forum also. As before, the map of what each represents is found at the bottom of the page you are viewing but it will be pretty evident when a topic has a new reply or a forum receives a new topic.

A few more changes to the forum before moving on but nothing too major.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fitter » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:28 am

OK Guys, For the moment everything is done except for a few very minor instances. I need a major break from the work as this has drained the last 6 days to the fullest extent.

There is a navigation bar at the bottom of the forum here if you want to hop anywhere else on the site.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby yotefever » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:46 am

Very nice job Fitter, keep up the good work!
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:27 pm

Thanks Yote. It would be great to get some feedback from the members. What do you guys want to see in the future? What type of content would make good additions? Are there certain products you would like to see?

Some areas will need member contributions. Like the Tips and Articles page. If you have such material lets get it posted. Development equals interest and exposure. I dont expect that to come overnight but for those who really want to see the site take-off keep that in mind. I will be creating a Press release this evening that will be picked up by 250 other news syndicates a few minutes after it is posted. I've got the Wisconsin Coyote Hunters ads running on all of our network sites and shopping areas. With that in mind I'm nearing the end of the build for now unless someone has some suggestions. I just need a short break to let things gel here for a bit and jump back to a few other sites that I have put on hold.

Suggestions? Complaints? Lets hear them.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby yotefever » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:16 am

Now is a slow time and don't know how much feed back you will get. But come this fall it should start to pick up again.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:42 am

WOW :o . I just got a rain day and decided to catch up on all that i've been missing. WOW :o . Guess i'll have to check in more. looks good though. Shane, you've done a great job on getting this site up and running. Please stay around and thanks for letting me on this site. Dave
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Website Announcements