home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Feral cats and feral dogs

Suggest a new species

Feral cats and feral dogs

Postby Alaska Dave » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:31 pm

I usually use a 22 mag on the feral cats and take out any feral dogs with 12 gauge -30-06.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:45 pm

So do you want a forum dedicated to feral cats and dogs? Not sure about the dog part myself but I understand feral cats. 22 mag does work wonders.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:50 pm

Fitter, let me tell you how bad feral dogs were when I lived in Ak. My 2 boys and I live outside the little town of Nikiski. We raised chickens, ducks and rabbits. I let my boys 10 & 5 ride their bikes to town for treats occasionally. The people/trash in the park let their dogs run loose. When my boys would pass the park/trash hole a bunch of dogs would chase them. I posted on the bulletin board at the post office that any dog that chased my children would meet death. I signed my post. I recieved a few threats on the board but no one signed their name. I didn't allow my sons to ride their bikes to town anymore. Then the dogs found our pets/livestock. After a few losses I started locking them up when I was gone and we suffered no more losses. One Saturday i'm sitting on the porch enjoying a cold one the boys started screaming. A couple of dogs had my oldest backed up against the chicken coop and the youngest was sitting on the roof. Grabbed the 10-22 and started at tha closest to my son. All 7 were gut shots and most made it back to the trailer park. I then went a posted at the P.O. that any dog found on my property would meet death. Rough year for the trailer park trash.A total of 18 dogs never made it back and my boys never got bit once. Now this was on my property, Sheriffs were out and asked me to be nice and quit posting my kills at the P.O. And no, I had no friends at the park. To this day if either of my sons are threatened in any way i'll be there. (I'll tell you later about the pack outside of Armstrong creek). Dave
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:52 am

I dont blame you one bit. A lot of people are sympathetic towards what once were considered someones pets, and maybe still are. And again there are a lot of people who wouldnt even admit to cracking a dog in the yard even if it were for a good reason. But if those animals are cruising the streets creating havoc then something is wrong.

I had a 200 pound Saint Bernard that I let wander because I couldnt bring myself to chain the dog when I have property for it to roam. Turned out she use to make her rounds to every neighbors house to visit. Never knew it because my neighbors are not exactly right next door to say the least. All the neighbors liked the dog even though her size was intimidating but in 12 years I never received a single complaint from anyone. As she got older she decided to try and play tag with a semi from what I understand and that was the end of me having a dog.

Anyway I'm babbling but you're damn straight, if my dog would have acted aggresive towards someone else, especially a child, I would expect that it wouldnt make it home.

The Feral Cats And Dogs forum can now be found here

Have At It!
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Add A Species