home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Drop offs

Unwanted stray wild pets.

Drop offs

Postby Alaska Dave » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:56 pm

I live on a dead end that people seem to think is a perfect place to dump off their unwanted pets. Had to delete a few this past weekend as I couldn't sleep with the dog barking at the cats rummaging in the garbage. There are too many people who do not need to have pets. Also neighbor down the road picks up strays and then lets them loose so that they can be free. I'm not feeding the birds at my place for the cats. Getting real tired of slob pet owners. :x
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby dogduster » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:55 pm

hope you find that fantasy woman soon before you kill every house cat in racine county.
dogduster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby dogduster » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:58 pm

sorry dave kenosha county.
dogduster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:05 pm

dogduster wrote:hope you find that fantasy woman soon before you kill every house cat in racine county.
Where in my post does it say i'm wacking house cats? Hell yeah, I can see it now, kicking in the door on some elderly lady and cutting loose with my shotgun at her cat as it tries to escape by climbing the drapes. :shock: Get real, I only take out the ones dumped off and that are living a feral life because of iresponsible pet owners.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

those damn cats

Postby Ike Arumba » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:34 am

Anybody who's trapped fox for any period of time will be glad to tell you how many cats they've caught. Without exaggeration, I've trapped way over 100 cats in fox sets. And ya know what, most of them were big, fat, and healthy. You would be too if you'd evolved into efficient little killing machines the way they have. And no, they're not Joe"s pet on a hike away from the yard. These cats are scarred up big time from the dozens of fights the've gotten into in their short life spans. I've seen these wild cats so big I thought I'd need a bobcat tag when I drove up. They will kill anything they can catch and that includes small game, songbirds, and little Tabby that sits looking out the window of your house. I killed every damn one of them. Happily. With extreme prejudice. Good hunting
Happiness is a wife that works at Gander Mountain
Ike Arumba

Postby lstaubin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:39 pm

A guy that I hunt with often tells a story about cats. He and his dog were out hunting and there was a pack of feral cats. He swares it was a pack. The dog naturally started after the cats. The cats in such numbers were way to much for the dog. He had to snuff out about 3-4 of them before they started to back down from his 22. pistol. I have known this guy for a long time and trust him. No way in hell is anyone going to tell me that dispatching a few feral cats is out of reason.
lstaubin

Postby Fitter » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:17 am

I have cats. I've had dogs but I'm apparently not responsible enough for them. Having property for them to roam on I could never see chaining them to a tree or keeping them in a pen. They stayed in the garage and when they needed to go out they were free until they wanted back in. My eight year old Saint Bernard decided to tackle a semi late one night after years of avoiding the road. A year later my lab did the same. That was enough for me.

I can tell you firsthand that cats, whether domestic or feral, will hunt as a pack at times. My cats get fed very well and I've watched them corner and attack, or at least attempt to attack, possum, rabbits, squirrels, partridge, pheasant, and who knows what else. I had one cat disappear for an entire year. When he came back he was 4 times the size he was when he left. He was no small cat when he disappeared.

Now and then I'll hear a shot from down the road and realize a day later that my cat has gone missing. I don't doubt that the neighbor shot it and I don't fret about it. Not that I don't give a shit but what are the options other than walking over to someone elses home and asking if he just capped your pet. My cat may not have been feral but good luck determining that before you pull the trigger.

I would venture to guess that more cats have fallen prey to bobcats, coyotes, wolves, and raccoons, since their habits of hunting put them in proximity and direct conflict with one another.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby coyotecold » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:02 pm

There's a new name for feral cats, they are called ditch tigers. LOL
coyotecold

Postby Alaska Dave » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:47 am

coyotecold wrote:There's a new name for feral cats, they are called ditch tigers. LOL

Also called Timber Tigers and Field Lions :lol:
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

They should just give them away.......

Postby Big_Willy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:53 am

Heres the best way to offer a cat to someone for free.

Big_Willy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Had a couple down the road move out as the County bought their house and is tearing it down. They left behind a few too many crats. i remember seeing a few on the porch but I guess they had a couple more inside. Called the Humane Society Idiots and was told that unless "I" could prove in someway that those crats belonged to the people who lived there they would do nothing. Was told maybe they're just stray crats that got together. Think i'll let the closest neighbor to the crat house deal with them this time.
Dave
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Drop offs

Postby ROCK » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Dave, You might be proud of me... two large tom cats showed up this past week and were driving me NUTS!! :!: No longer... heheehe , got one last week and got one earlier this evening. By the way love the pic ! I needed a good laugh it's been a LONG week. Now don't get me wrong, I like cats for the most part, just not ones that aren't supposed to be on my property. The funny part was the first tom I deposed of was large and all black, the second one was large and all black also. I told my wife i thought i was seeing a ghost. i had to go check my dumping area. :mrgreen: Nope it wasn't a ghost. Bye bye kitty!
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ROCK » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:42 pm

ohhhhhhh I would have thought that was your pic.... nope.... nice Willy !! :wink:
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:42 pm

I really like cats, make great targets
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:10 pm

LOL Fox_Hunter ! after I got the first one my wife wouldn't talk to me the rest of the day. Oh well, I knew she'd get over it. Not like i killed the family pet...... yet :twisted:
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Next

Return to Feral Cats And Dogs