home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Fox, grey,& black squirrels

Suggest a new species

Fox, grey,& black squirrels

Postby QDvarmint » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:28 am

I thought there would for sure be a section on regular every day squirrels. Maybe I'm the only low life that spends time hunting these critters and even actually eating them. :oops:
But they have more rights to be on this site and to be talked about than some of the other animals listed.(my opinion)
If anyone wants to learn more about the woods and become a better stalker, try stalking out some squirrels. I do it regularly with my pistol, Baretta U22 with a red dot on it. Stalking squirrels will teach you how to walk through the woods much quieter, as well as many other things.

Walk quietly and carry a loud gun :twisted:
QDvarmint

Postby young Gun » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:41 am

The boys and I just had squirrel for supper just the other night. I like them with a little wine.
young Gun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:31 am

Sure, we can make a forum for squirrels. I'll jump on it tomorrow, been working all night already and going to try and get some sleep.

Some of the best soup I have ever eaten was made from grey squirrels we shot at camp. Grabbed all the veggies for the soup right from the garden and...hell...guess I'm going to have to eat before I try and sleep now.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby dogduster » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 am

I did more squirrel hunting than anything else this fall because work was so busy I didnt have time to bow hunt and when I did have time to hunt I didnt have time to butcher one if I did get a deer.
I had kind of forgotten how much fun squirrels were and how relaxing it was to sit in the hardwoods with my .22 and watch the tree tops.
think I'll have to get out sqiurreling soon :)
dogduster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:19 pm

Squirrels and dumplings, aahhh the memorys :D I have a farmer friend that lets me hunt his 1 1/2 acre woodlot by the pond after the 1st of the year. The squirrels are nice and chubby :wink:
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby QDvarmint » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:25 am

Took a friend out this afternoon. Man was he a tearable shot. He missed a total of 8 squirrels with his 17 cal pellet gun. I shot and killed 2. He doesn't like firearms so he may be a little shakey just from that.
Anyone have any good recipes for squirrel? I only know how to make stew.
If you do please be specific, I'm no good with the kitchen. Can only find the fridge most of the time(thats where the beer is) :!:
QDvarmint

Postby Fitter » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:39 pm

Your squirrel hunting forum has been created. Feel free to start populating that area.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Add A Species