home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

scents

Appealing to the senses

scents

Postby raven » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:32 pm

I posted this earlier. But has anyone ever tried the dog training scents? I have had some luck with the Pheasant but I guess the fact if it was the call or the scent is the question.....
raven
Silver Member
Silver Member

Scents?

Postby Shawn Knitt » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:55 am

Not following you? Are you using the Pheasant for a cover scent or a lure scent? In a hunting situation or a trapping set? I've used trappers fox urine for both trapping and hunting purposes with good results. Works well as a cover for deer hunting too. Scent Shield eliminator works too. Helped a guy get a bear ine year who worked for a chem lab. That stuff is mearly baking soda and distilled H2O. So know I make my own for a fraction of the cost and keep it in a spray bottle of some sort. That's what I use the most, just a scent eliminator. Otherwise its the fox wiz. I would think anything will work or help in the distraction of the coyote's nose. I had an old timer tell me once that the best scent or lure at his coyote sets (trapping) was beaver castor lure. They couldn't resist it he said. I tried it once and took two fox and one coyote from the same set. Bottom line is somthing is better than nothing in my opinion.

my 2 cents worth

Shawn
Grafton WISC
Shawn Knitt

scents

Postby raven » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:49 pm

Sorry 'bout that. I guess it is pretty vague. Anyhoo, I was meaning as a lure, I normally try to match the prey with the scent, I'll be gall darned if I can remember the name as it's still packed from a move. I will give the castor a try though, and let you know how it works out. I try as stay as natural as possible with cover scents. I normally make my own earth covers and try to collect urine from local animals, This year was a extremely busy one for me so I haven't had too much time other than the sacred deer seasons of Wy and Wi
raven
Silver Member
Silver Member

Return to Scents