home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Fox sightings

Fox hunters specific

Fox sightings

Postby raven » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:10 pm

How many of you guys have been seeing any Fox this year so far?

I've been seeing a increased number around here lately. I've been seeing about 1-2 a week. all within a few mile area from my house. Mostly have been Reds but I have seen a Gray this last week......
lip of Toad
eye of Newt
blood of Rat
Let the bullet strike where the crosshairs is at!
What color was the neighbor's dog again????
raven
Silver Member
Silver Member

fox

Postby MB2 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:56 pm

I've been seeing gray and red fox around a no-hunting state park here in the SE. I also see coyotes in the same area.
So apparently the coyotes don't catch them all.
MB2

Postby Alaska Dave » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:20 pm

The farms around Bong have hardly a fox left. The pair at my friends farm we're trying to protect from the yotes. He's only been able to try to scare the yotes away from his farm by running some beagles through.(There's no rabbits). I still have no time to hunt as we're still on 7 days till next week :D The 221 is dying for a shot :lol:
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:31 am

Ironically enough I have a gray fox in the yard at this moment nosing around under the bird feeder. Twenty minutes ago there was a rabbit there eating. The two, and sometimes a second gray fox, cross paths daily here. So far the rabbit has been fortunate but I don't imagine it's luck will hold for much longer.

The foxes here are nothing new. We've watched them for more than a few years now and once and a great while we catch a glimpse of their entire family.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:13 pm

no fox in my area. I don't understand why. If I go 5 miles to the west there are a few reds.

Several years ago, while bow hunting in S.W. Wisconsin, I had a pair of Greys climb up a tree and sit on a branch just below me. That was AWESOME. Didn't know they could climb
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fitter » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:49 pm

I debated the fox as a climber myself for quite some time especially after seeing them nearly every day for a couple years. Then, for some odd reason, a gray fox ran right up a tree and hung on for a moment right at the edge of my yard. Not a crooked half lying down tree either. A straight cedar with no limbs for about the first 10 feet. That's about where he stopped. Pretty slick.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:26 pm

I see deer in the yard sometimes, and coyotes just behind the garage, but no fox. I miss the days of hunting Wisconsin.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby raven » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:43 am

I've been seeing a ton ever since we got snow. I saw a grey and yotes at work the other night. I have been seeing at least 1-3 a week lately! Time to bring the air rifle to work!!
lip of Toad
eye of Newt
blood of Rat
Let the bullet strike where the crosshairs is at!
What color was the neighbor's dog again????
raven
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:55 pm

Down here in the S.E part of the state Reds are rare. Growing up we had plenty and coyote sightings were rare. It was big news when we heard a coyote howl. I have 2 farms to hunt just south of Bong Wildlife area. They release pheasants there and you'de expect a few Reds to live there but the coyotes run that area. For all the Reds that I trapped growing up I never kept a pelt. Now for the last 2 years I cannot find a Red around here to harvest for the hide. My 221 Fireball is waiting. In November I was up by Arcadia and got permission to coyote hunt a new farm. Talked to the owner and neighbor and neither of them can remember the last time they saw a Red on their farms. We've lost too much cover for alot of the game animals that the fox and us the hunters use to find. Where are all the cottontails that we use to hunt growing up? Back to the reloading room. Dave
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Fox sightings

Postby dogdriver » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:53 am

can you hunt in bong
dogdriver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Archie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:04 am

We used to have a lot of reds around here - I saw them all the time as a kid. Then one year as a teen ager we saw a pair of coyotes on the edge of the yard in August. That fall deer hunting I found 4 foxes and two large racoons. They all had their chests/necks eaten out - the rest just lay there. Two or three of the foxes had their tails ripped partially off - I wish I had enough sense to grap the tips for posterity. I have not seen a fox since that time.
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby yotefever » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:29 pm

There's a spot up north were they are seen fairly often, except for this one. Wish I had the pic with him going after some cheese, after all he is from WI.
God, in his wisdom, When creating women, made a promise to men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. And then He smiled and made the earth round.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby yotebang » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:44 pm

I've got a pair that frequents my backyard and I've seen a pair up the road a couple miles, so that's promising. Hoping to harvest one someday, but I'd almost feel bad with the lack of sightings around me! Obviously there wouldn't be a season if they were that few though.
yotebang
Silver Member
Silver Member

Return to Fox