home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Bobcat tags

Cat hunters specific

Bobcat tags

Postby jb22 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:26 pm

How long does it take in Wi.to draw a bobcat tag?
jb22
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby young Gun » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:02 am

it took me two years for my first one , but that was a long time ago . now i get one every other year.
young Gun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jb22 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:46 pm

thanks gun-do you know when the apps have to be in?
jb22
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby young Gun » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:07 pm

if you go to the wisconsin DNR page to find out what the date is. but thats if they have the dates up.
young Gun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby coyotecold » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:43 am

If any of you guys get a cat tag and need help filling it, let me know, I helped a game warden trap his first cat,it was a kitten about 10 lbs so we did a live release. He was happy and said that it was to small. Took pics of him and the cat before release. Told him to get as close as possible without getting ripped opened. We can work on calling in a cat for you. Since this suject was first posted, it now takes about 4 years to get a tag. And there is talk that in the near future it will take 6 or more years.
coyotecold

Postby yotedope » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:22 am

Yes,it takes 4-5 years to get a tag,might be less if they open a season south of 64,they'll be doing a bobcat population study this winter I believe in the whole state to get an idea of population densities,hopefully the funding will be there.Opening a larger area could get us more tags.The deadline for tag applications is Aug.1st.and lucky winners will usually get there tags in the first week of Oct.

One word of caution,remember filling someone elses tag is in violation of the law.That's on of the reasons we are having trouble waiting so long to get a tag.When people fill other peoples tags it messes with the success ratio ,more success rates for a low population of critters will knock down the amount of tags available for next year,it's all about balance.So keep it honest guys.
yotedope

Postby Fitter » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Here's a news topic you guys might be interested in that includes some data on Wisconsin Bobcat. It also includes some bobcat population densities and harvest estimates.

Wisconsin Fall Furbearers Forecast 2007
http://outdoornewsdaily.com/index.php/archives/500
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby yotedope » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:56 pm

Hopefully we'll get a wolf season in the future.The population they state is probably low balling.Talked to a few in the DNR and APHIS,and the population is probably double that.
yotedope

Re: Bobcat tags

Postby ROCK » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:57 pm

I'd like to hunt one.... what hoops do I have to jump through to get a tag?
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Didn't know Wis had a Bobcat season. Lived in your beautiful state for 30 + years and never saw one, but I lived in the SW corner
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:47 pm

They do up north..... its north of hwy 64, where ever that's at. :? i do know that drawing a tag takes time. How long , i have no clue. I've never tried before to draw any sort of tag unless a buck tag counts.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Song-Dog » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:12 pm

ROCK wrote:They do up north..... its north of hwy 64, where ever that's at. :?

Ya hey der dat's up here bys me don'tcha know! :D I have five points and no tag this year.
When all else fails, keep shooting!
Song-Dog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Sounds like Yooper/Minnesota chatter.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby WIted » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:33 am

Hwy 64 runs right throught the middle of antigo that splits the northern and southern zones.
WIted
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby yotefever » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:27 pm

I got a tag back in 09 and it took five years to get it.
That was the first year we applied for mule deer along with the usual antelope hunt in WY. Season started later in Oct, along with waiting for my son's friend to finish AIT( after boot camp) so the three of us could head out west.
So we headed to WY when cat season opened here. Didn't get to hunt much for cats and didn't call anything in when we did hunt.
My in laws neighbor in Pearson had a huge cat on his deck looking at his house cat the year before but I couldn't get a hold of him to hunt his land. :cry:
I have not bothered to apply for a tag since then. I also didn't get a deer license this year either. After hunting in WY I found out how you can be treated like a hunter and not a criminal (by the dnr) and decided to just hunt yotes here and save my money.
God, in his wisdom, When creating women, made a promise to men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. And then He smiled and made the earth round.
yotefever
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Bobcats