home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Crow season is open again!!

Crow hunting specific

Crow season is open again!!

Postby PREDATIM » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:05 pm

It was a little chilly saturday (-14) when a couple of my friends showed up at my house at 5:30 in the morning to chase some crows around and shoot some holes in the sky. Some people think we are nuts but I allways say.... "There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad gear".

We had one set up, feeding, in the morning and one in the evening. It didn't seem like the birds were flying as much as usual in the morning set up. By the time the sun came out and it warmed up to a balmy zero there were more birds for us to shoot at.

It's amazing how anything, mechanical or electrical, works at below zero temperatures. The MOJO crow decoy batteries held out pretty good and the FX5 worked flawlessly all day long. I made a foam filled jacket that buckles together which envelopes the whole caller, except the ends were the speakers are. The foam is about 2" thk. and when you drop a couple hand warmers in next to the battery door it helps on the battery life.

I tried a new decoy this weekend it's called the "AIR CROW" by "EDGE by Expedite".... Raven told us about that manufacturer back in the decoy section. You do need some sort of a breeze for it to operate and what little breeze there was on saturday it was working great. The best part of using this decoy is NO batteries! Will have to get a couple more of them.

Although the number of crows we usually see was down we were still able to get a dozen of the flying rats. We also had some hawks and a bald eagle come to our decoys which was pretty cool.

I'll post some pics in my album soon.
"AIM SMALL ....... MISS SMALL"
PREDATIM
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Looking forward to viewing the pics. Congrats on your hunt!
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:14 pm

sounds like fun, would be very cool watching the eagle
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Crows