home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Do we have any trappers out there?

Your choice of traps

Do we have any trappers out there?

Postby young Gun » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:55 pm

Ok you guys who have been trapping this year, how did you do this year? What have you been tapping for, coyotes, fox or what. Lets here what traps you have been using for trapping. Were have you been finding your game.
young Gun
Gold Member
Gold Member

one trapper here

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:55 pm

yep i'm a trapper. targeted fox and coyotes on land and rats in water.

favorite trap is the 1 1/2 coil spring and a close second is the 1 3/4 double coil spring with offset jaws.

didn't get too much done this year. next year i'll hit 'em hard.

Oz Hunter

make that two trappers

Postby varmintguy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:14 pm

make that two trappers here. this year i only did some nuiscance trapping but normally i trap coons and fox/coyote . anywhere from a #1 to a # 1 1/2 longspring. i have to admit though that my favorite trap would have to be a 160 conibear for coons. makes quick work and does NO DAMAGE to the pelt.
varmintguy

Postby Moosetrot » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:48 pm

Yup! Moosetrot traps over here on the West Coast.. Mostly beaver, otter, and muskrats. Gotten quite a few coon and some mink as well. Two years ago I got a 60 inch Otter on the Black River. He's hanging on the wall now.

Really busy with work this year so did nor trap as much as usual. Did manage to get some nice big bank rats that I sold for $5.00 each. Really nice to see the prices coming up! Got one decent beaver right along the road. Life is tough when you can check your sets from the truck!

When I got home today there was a box waiting with some Victor 120's I bought from a guy on Trapperman. $45 including shipping for a dozen 120's that are literally brand new! Looks like I'll be running a mink line this year!

Moosetrot
Moosetrot
Moosetrot
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby Moosetrot » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:22 am

Forgot to mention that I really like 160's as well. They work really nice on deep bank runs for rats. A few year back a guy asked me to trap rats using a run under his boat ramp. Checked it out and it was the deepest run I'd ever seen. I stacked 160's and took about a dozen of the biggest prettiest rats I've ever trapped. They were kind of a reddish color.

Moosetrot
Moosetrot
Moosetrot
Avid Member
Avid Member

Return to Traps