home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

what size shot

Crow hunting specific

what size shot

Postby scooter » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:32 pm

What size shot yall using on crows? I was using my 7's and my 4's what yall suggest? thanks Scot
scooter
Avid Member
Avid Member

Crow

Postby Big_Willy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:30 am

What's up Scooter,

Ya know, if you want the bird in tact #4 shot would be perfect. If you just want to hunt them and get a bit more range T shot, BB shot up to #2 would be my choice and a tad more fun. :evil:

Have you been getting any crow lately or any yotes for that matter?

Bill
Big_Willy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby scooter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:57 am

last saturday got one crow but it was way too windy so only stayed out for 2 hrs. this weekend my buddy an I are going yote huntin @ tichigan let me know when your heading out -Scot-
scooter
Avid Member
Avid Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:48 pm

4's,5's and 6's have all worked well in the past.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby PREDATIM » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:43 pm

We use anything thats available... but if I was going to buy shells just for crow hunting it would be 6's or 7's.

Good Luck!!

Predatim
"AIM SMALL ....... MISS SMALL"
PREDATIM
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Archie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 am

The closer they are the smaller the number shot you can get away with. However, they seem to be pretty tough birds to me, so I would tend toward #6 or even #4 if you are specifically purchasing for the purpose, and the cost is not prohibitive. I have used #7 with luck, but you have to be patient, and cut loose at the last second before they land in your lap.

Most of the fun is in the missing and laughing at each other. It is not like you get a good meal out of it or anything.

Happy shooting!
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby scooter » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:59 pm

yea thats for sure it was fun even when I was out there by myself had a blast. I was using my #7's that I had laying around im probably bringin out the 4's this weekend. thanks yall -Scot-
scooter
Avid Member
Avid Member

Return to Crows