home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Crow season is open again!!

Crow hunting specific

Crow season is open again!!

Postby PREDATIM » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:48 pm

We decided to try the early part of the seasons for once.

We were able to get some yesterday! It was fun blasting crows again!

It felt like I was out turkey hunting... except with mosquitoes.

Check out the Pic in my album.

Predatim
"AIM SMALL ....... MISS SMALL"
PREDATIM
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 pm

I always enjoy the fact that you seem so enthusiastic about the hunt long after it's over. Shows a lot of appreciation for the sport. So you got a dozen crows which was probably a ton of fun. Just wondering how many shells do you think the two of you blasted to drop that dozen even with the 'dumber than average' crows in the early season.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby PREDATIM » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Some times it seems all you have to do is swing the shotgun through the air and watch them fold up and hit the ground with a thud (that is when you think you are a master at this) 8) .... and then there are the times you burn through a box of shells and look over at a couple of crows on the ground (that is when you think man I suck at this) :x
Well... this trip was somewhere in between... it was still a load of fun getting out there.
To answer your question..... we will need to make a trip to fleet farm to get more shells before we had back out...... :)

Predatim
"AIM SMALL ....... MISS SMALL"
PREDATIM
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Good answer. Crows seem wary here all year long so I would imagine there would be a lot of missed shots. When I first took into waterfowl hunting I couldnt believe how many times I would shoot and how few birds would hit the ground. As you say though all good fun without a doubt.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Crows