home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Are the praire dogs out?

Dog hunters specific

Are the praire dogs out?

Postby young Gun » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:51 pm

What are the p-dogs doing? Are they out and about or are they still hold up. When would be the best time to come and hunt them, and where would the best place to go for a hunt?
young Gun
Gold Member
Gold Member

early sod poodles.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:17 pm

Been out to South Dakota the third week in May. Dogs are pretty small, maybe only 4 weeks old...pretty small targets. This year it will be June 10th. Besides, it can rain, windy or be cold. If you are on a budget like me, I don't like to get blown away in my tent! The later you go, the more you have to be aware of Rattle snakes. I carry my Bond Arms .45/.410 and AR15. The season does not open until June sometime on public land. License is still $35.00 unless you go to the Rosebud. They charge $150.00 manditory.. for the guide. Bottom line...they don't want paleface on their turf.

Where are the Sod Poodles

Postby Rog » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:25 pm

Here is everything and more about Prairie Dogs in South Dakota.

http://www.sdgfp.info/Wildlife/hunting/PrairieDog.htm

Copy and Paste. I think they have maps too. Most are around Chamberland right on interstate 80.
Rog

Return to Prairie Dogs