home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Remington 597 .22 Long Rifle For Sale

Barter your items here

Remington 597 .22 Long Rifle For Sale

Postby Archie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Remington 597 Left Side - Small 2.JPG

This is a beautiful Remington 597 .22 Long Rifle for Sale. It has a custom paint job with a fade from OD green to Coyote Tan on both the scope and the barrel. It also features a beautiful thumbhole stock with ventilation holes and oversized barrel channel (in case you decide to put a bull barrel on it). My son was going to do just that, so I bought the stock with that in mind, but we never go the job done - it is too pretty with the paint job. If you wish to have it, I think I still have the original stock.

This one sells complete with everything shown, except the gun rug under it. It would be a shame to do anything less.

This is a beautiful gun, but it sits and gets stared at more than it gets used. I hope someone else can appreciate it and USE it. I would like to get an even $400 for it. I can send more pictures to anyone intersted.
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Remington 597 .22 Long Rifle For Sale

Postby Archie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:39 pm

This one is also still for sale. I had someone tell me it was on his wish list, and I held onto it, but I assume a year later that offer is no longer on the table. This would be a great present for a kid or wife. It is pretty, shoots well, and is cheap to feed.

I can probably negotiate a little with this one, or would be willing to trade for something I don't already have...
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Archie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:00 am

Gentlemen...

Doesn't anyone have a wife, kid, or niece/nephew out there? This more than just another .22. If I am asking too much, please let me know, but I have seen these for half the price with a boring plastic stock, crappy blueing, and in the used rack. This is a used gun, but you can't much tell by looking at it. Apparently I am asking too much, or the gun shortage everyone is talking about does not exist! If you are interested please let me know what you think is a fair price. If I got this as a present when I was a youngster - or even if I was without a .22 - I would have freaked out.

I pulled this thing down off the wall yesterday, and I realized it was for the first time in over a year. Someone could appreciate this more than I do, and I need the money.
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 am

I would upload the photo again Archie. When I moved the forum over to the new site the images were not included in the path process.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Archie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 am

Here is a picture of the gun as requested.

Remington 597 Left Side - Small - Cropped.jpg

This is a very nice looking gun (it hangs on the wall in my office), and the colors are a little more harsh in the picture than in reality, but you can see how nice the fade is. The color is flat, so it does not shine and actually works like camo. Barrel and scope fade from Coyote Tan to OD Green, and the stock is a gray-tan laminate with the thumbhole. Stock finish is hand applied Tru-Oil (birchwood casey's boiled linseed oil improvement), so it does not shine in the woods (shine in picture is flash wash-out), and it can be repaired from a minor scratch simply by rubbing it with a cloth or a major ding by application of damp heat, perhaps a little sanding, and rubbing or application of a little more Tru-Oil or Linseed Oil. The first rifle I ever did with this finish was my only rifle at the time (I was 16) and it still looks like new and had seen a ton of abuse over the years (I am now 43!). Trigger group and Magazine also match barrel colors to finish it off.
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Archie » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:47 pm

This rifle is SOLD. I sold it to a friend for his son.

thanks, guys.
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to For Sale Or Trade