home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Stinky kittie

Unwanted stray wild pets.

Stinky kittie

Postby Alaska Dave » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Neighbor gal down the street has been adding to her crat collection again. Little buggers are waiting under my bird feeders again thinking it's their personal smorgasboard. I looked through my scents but have no skunk urine. Was thinking of trapping one of her crats and dousing it before sending it home. Who sells that scent locally in Wi?
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Stinky kittie

Postby Archie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 pm

I have not ever purchased any for obvious reasons, but I would bet Cabela's, Gander Mountain, or MidWayUSA would have it.

Good luck with the project. Kind of nefarious, but it gets the point across without being lethal. She should consider herself lucky - I wouldn't bother with the free warning...
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby petefixer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:17 pm

I personally think your approach is just rude and wrong! I love it! You should spray paint it blaze orange first just so they know that it was not "accidently" sprayed by a real skunk!
Born to Hunt, Forced to Work!
petefixer
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Fitter » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:40 am

No No No. You guys have no respect. If it's going to smell like a skunk you need to paint it like a skunk.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:49 pm

I guess I'm not as nice as you guys. Cats that wonder into my yard usually don't make it home
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fitter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:02 am

I have cats. I choose them because I do not like to chain an animal to a post or tree or have them stuck in the pen or garage most of the day. To me that's not fair when I have property out the back door and literally thousands of acres of woods to roam. Let the cat out and it's on it's own. I've watched them catch and kill birds in my yard. I dont care even though I'm feeding the birds. To me they're cats, that's what they do. Like a dog chasing a cat it's only natural. There are tons of birds. I've also watched them keep tons of mice out of my cabin, get sprayed by skunks, watched a kitten get hauled away by an owl, found the remains numerous times where coyotes have tore them apart, and shoveled more than one off the road, etc etc. So, I'm a bit bias. I have no problem with my cats. But, when a stray cat wanders in, that's a different story. It doesn't belong here and I move it along one way or another and expect if my cat shows up at the neighbors place, which is a half mile away, that he will handle the situation the way he sees fit.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Fitter wrote:No No No. You guys have no respect. If it's going to smell like a skunk you need to paint it like a skunk.

I've been looking for one of those paint by number skunks but i'm having no luck :D
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fitter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 pm

I jinxed myself. I walked outside for an armload of firewood just before dark and there was a rabbit and a skunk in the yard. Also a cat deciding which way to go. This cat is, for lack of a better word, retarded. It will run up to a deer, bear, fox, anything but apparently hasn't come face to face with a real predator yet. Maybe I should say a hungry or defensive predator. Anyway it chose the skunk this time. Whether it got sprayed or not I have no clue. I'm thinking not since it still seems interested in that area. But yes. It stinks really bad when I walk outside. I've been putting off shooting this skunk because of the smell but if he comes back tonight it's game over for the piss kitty. Can't get any stinkier.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fitter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Wow. Lot of skunk talk. I just got an email that had the pic below and all it said was - Patience. Wisdom.
Attachments
dog-skunk.jpg
Patience. Wisdom.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Feral Cats And Dogs