home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

17 HMR SCOPE

Searching for specific product

17 HMR SCOPE

Postby 2FANG » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:38 pm

on the hunt for a scope for my Savage 17hmr,pm if with what you might have......OR any recommendations? would like an illuminated recticle if possible,,,,,,,BSA Sweet 17????
2FANG

Re: 17 HMR SCOPE

Postby Archie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Not to be a Buzz Killington, but I owned a BSA once - for 48 hours! Returned it for a full refund - thank god.

I owned a second one for about 30 minutes. I drove home with the gun, tore the scope off, and threw it in the trash.

I'm just sayin'...

I can't recommend you spend your hard-earned money on one. There are a LOT of low-dough scopes on the market - I don't think you have to stoop that low.

Literally I have a hand full of low priced used scopes in my basement that I would love to get rid of. For a 17 HMR, you could use a 4x fixed scope and be fine for all distances you will be tempted to shoot. However, if you wish to spend some money, a good quality scope is worth it, since that may be one of the most accurate rifles you own. I am constantly impressed with the fact that my .17 HMR and my .22 WMR are so accurate. I can do a 10-shot ragged hole with my WMR at 100 yards, and my HMR is not far behind.

They don't have a ton of knockdown power, but the squirrel does not know what hit it below the ear!

I was looking at one last night that was designed for the .17, and it actually had a ballistic compensator. I can't remember the manufacturer right now, but it was VERY sweet. I will ask my fr in law if he remembers - he was looking at it with me. I believe it was under $200.
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 17 HMR SCOPE

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:05 am

Well to follow in Archie's footsteps, I had a 3-9x40 something on mine. Cam with the gun. Not sure which I hated the most, gun or scope. I owned this combo for about 4 months. Sold the whole thing, happy days then. In my opinion, these are a very over rated firearm. If you bought it to shoot holes in paper, squirells, rabbits, maybe a close range coon, you will love it. If you bought it to hunt anything bigger, you better be a good shot, and get em close. That's all I have to say about that. And this is based off of my experience.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Wanted