home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

PEST

Ok coon hunters here a place for you.

PEST

Postby ROCK » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:53 pm

coon head shot.jpg
coon head shot.jpg (2.98 KiB) Viewed 5832 times
This pest won't be getting into my garbage cans anymore! Got it when I was getting up this morning . I heard one of the garbage cans outside I figured it was the wind.... I got a nice surprise or the coon did, I haven't made up my mind yet :twisted:
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: PEST

Postby ROCK » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:54 pm

I HATE RACCOONS !!!
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Cats too, got lots of them down here
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Alaska Dave » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Glad that you took that coon out. They prey on the babies of ducks, turkeys, phesants and rabbits.
I saved alot on my insurance just by switching into reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.
Alaska Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ROCK » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 am

Hahaha that was # 11 since the beginning of this past summer. They seem to love my garbage cans. I'm so sick of picking them up, and everything that was in them at the bottom of the driveway. My drive way is super steep. We only have one cat that I've seen around my place. I'd love to take care of that pest too. But my kids have taken a liking to it, and I can't bring myself to taking it out. I've thought about it many many times. The yotes will solve my cat issue over the winter. I hope. Live bait ! :mrgreen: Either that, or I'll be pulling it out dead from the engine bay of one of the vehicles because it goes there to hide at night.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:22 pm

I use to have a problem with coons here when I raised some ducks. A year or so after that I would catch them in the garage eating catfood. Not fun trying to wrangle a pissed off-cornered coon from the garage. That was the end of the doggy-door as it was called. I shouldn't jinx myself but the last raccoon I saw was battling a grey fox right here in the front yard. Probably the most brutally wicked fight I've ever witnessed between two wild animals. If I were the ref the coon would have been declared the winner. My feelings are the same for raccoons. I have no use for them and cap each and every one I get to draw a bead on.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Fitter, too bad you didn't get that on video, would like to see that
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Yes I second that ! I've never seen a battle like that before. I've heard some crazy crazy sounds coming from my woods which is 20 feet out my back door. i hear it but don't see it. A good raccoon is one with a hole between the eyes! :mrgreen: Fitter, what did you do with the one in your garage? Kinda can't shoot it without possibly causing damage to something else.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:24 am

Youre right you KINDA cant shoot it but...I did. My garage is log cabin like my home so as far as damage goes I wasn't too concerned about the garage log. I wasn't convinced he would leave, or another might get in if I left the door open. He was perfect standing on it's hanches looking at me standing in the kitchen door. The last thing I needed was for it to get down the basement or under the crawl space or the garage attic. So while I had that chance I popped him between the eyes with the 22, hauled his carcass down the road, cleaned the minimal mess and just got it done.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:58 am

hahahaha :lol: I'm glad I'm not the only one who has popped a coon from the doorway or inside the house.... because I'm very guilty of that !!!
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Archie » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:03 am

I was very happy to dispatch 8 of those bastards myself last winter. My son can now skin one in about 10 minutes, and I don't even have to ask him to do it. I drop in on the floor in the garage and announce the victory, and he knows to change his clothes and look for the disposable knife.

I have not felt bad about it, either.
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 am

Archie you have the boy trained well, I'm impressed, LOL
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Archie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:18 am

See - kids are good for something...

I do try to impress on him that hunting is good, and that if you do it you have to use the harvest wisely. The furs added to the college fund. At $8 to $10 you wonder if it is worth it, but if you put 8 of those furs together it pays for gas to drive to the buyer's stop, ammo, and a text book or two.
Archie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ROCK » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 am

I'm in a dry spell, I haven't seen any critters in probably 3 weeks. The coons were a every other night thing at my house. And I've been out twice in two weeks for yotes on 3 properties .. I hear them, and get them to howl back at me but I haven' t seen a damn thing... I'm getting a itchy trigger finger. It's my bad habit and I need a fix :lol:
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Return to Coons