home button contact button privcy button articles button audio button targets button info button

Search millions of products in seconds!

Our Network Partners: DeerFever.comThe Turkey ZoneOutdoor News DailyWater and Woods

Should I buy it??

Whats your favorite

Re: Should I buy it??

Postby ROCK » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:02 am

My first yote... I think my mouth call got him interested, but the squeaker brought him in. I like mouth calls mixed with a soft ecall playing distress. I stop calling with my mouth call once i have sight of one. I don't think i call well enough get them closer than 300 yards.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fitter » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Did you get him Rock?
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:07 am

there were two looking to eat my squeaker, only one was super brave...well I shot it after a half hour of watching it... Hit it... it made 4 or 5 circles while nipping at its back then made a mad dash for the corn. I tracked it forever never found it , the blood trail just seemed to stop :( This story still bothers me to this day even though it happened in 09. I should have that yotes skull on my wall !! something I've only seen once... while I was tracking it I found a fresh pile of yote scat in the corn rows about 100 yards into the tracking, makes me think I hit it in the ass.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ROCK » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:14 am

So I took my quiver critter out on my land the other morning for the first time... no yotes came in :( . But holey crows!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen that many in one place at a time. And man they were loud. Very very loud!!
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Hey Rock, sounds like that was a gut shot, that usually makes go crazy then run, poop everywhere. Sometime you can find em, sometimes not. I learned years ago that if I get that reaction, I shoot again.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:50 am

I relive that night all the time, :roll: and any time I screw up a set that hunt is the first thing that pops into my head. I should have taken a follow up shot.... why I didn't.. I'll never know. I just sat there and watched it all unfold. You only get one first and I blew that one bad. I still wonder where the other dog went. I like night hunting cuz their out and about, but I hate night hunting at the same time. Last night was a rough one also. I'll make a post in the coyote area when I get a little time.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ROCK » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:10 am

As far as the quiver critter goes.... I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If it isn't completely flat in the ground it doesn't turn and gets stuck in facing one direction. If it's windy it'll get blown off its stand . Yes it gets attention but so will the user if they go and try and fix it once their set up. I'll keep using it, but I wouldn't buy another one.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm

If I had a dollar for everytime something went wrong while Coyote hunting, I could retire. You will have more sets like the one you are talking about. It's part of the game.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 pm

I think I'm just a glutton for punishment :lol:
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Welcome to the addiction :D
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:12 am

I feel like a 15 year old boy thinking about girls, I think it was a addiction a year ago now its a obsession. And I think my wife is a little jealous :lol:
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:31 pm

trust me, you will grow out of it.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fitter » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Well lets hope we dont grow out of it. Thats what keeps a lot of hunters going and enthusiastic about hunting. My heart still skips a bunch of beats every time I'm around a game animal like that even if I don't have a weapon in my hands. Thats is a big part of what I enjoy.
What you do in the dark will someday come to light.
Fitter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Fox_hunter42 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:07 am

I sometimes wish I had a camera instead of a firearm. I could have had some awesome pictures over the years.
Fox_hunter42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ROCK » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:25 pm

For all the non successful sets I've had in the past I haven't gotten discouraged once. I just want to see them in the day light. It's been pretty windy the last few days here, or I would have tried for one early this morning. If I had enough spots to go and didn't have family responsibilities I'd try to go every day! I don't see myself growing out of it anytime soon.
ROCK
Silver Member
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Decoys